PubMed Central Deposits
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has recently partnered with the National Library of Medicine to enable grantees to upload their Author Accepted Manuscript directly to PubMed Central for open access compliance as well as increased indexing and discoverability.
To upload your manuscript to PMC, you will need:
1. Access to NIHMS → Login here and select “All login options” where you can select one of many avenues to access NIHMS.
2. Your Gates grant number (it starts with OPP or INV)
3. The full text of your Author Accepted Manuscript, including a Data Availability Statement
4. The figures and tables from your manuscript
5. Any supplementary files, including videos or data supplements
You can find PMC tutorials that detail how to login in, the steps to upload your manuscript, and the conversion process. Please note that it will be upwards of two weeks before PMC fully processes your manuscript for upload.